• Roles of individual members versus roles of the Council/Board as a collective body;
• Protocols for Council/Board meetings: Debating, voting, motions;
• Decision making goals, principles; the duty to constituents versus broader duties;
• Interactions between the Council/Board and the administrative staff;
• Interactions of the Council/Board and individual members with the community;
• Transparency versus risk management (open meetings versus closed meetings); and
• Conflicts of interests: Issues and procedures.
• City of Williams Lake;
• School District 27; and
• Cariboo Regional District.
5:30 pm Registration and light refreshments
Location: Council Chambers, City Hall, 450 Mart Street
Brianna will be hosting demos on clearing beds, cover cropping, fertilizing, mulching, amending, and over-wintering (hand-outs with all this info will also be distributed at the play-bee). We will also be doing a little pre-winter work, such as stacking the remaining lumber for the greenhouse, tidying up the compost bins, etc. Please bring any tools you can! shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows, etc.
Also, we thought it would be nice to have some sort of harvest sharing at the Play Bee - if you like (this is completely optional), you are welcome to bring seeds you've saved or some of your garden bounty for snacks. At the very least, please come and share your garden stories with us!
Basic training: October 18th, November 1 & 15th, 9:30 to 5:00 & Advanced training: 21 February, 7 & 21 March, 9:30 to 5:00
To register for the Williams Lake sessions, please contact:
212 South Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 1J4